11.10.2009

Happy Birthday to the Greatest Dad..... MINE!!




Since I lost the envelope to my Dad's Birthday card I thought I'd write it out here!!

From Your Daughter

"That's My Dad"

A jingling pocket.
A whiskery kiss.
And hundreds of answers
to "Daddy", what's this?"
A spot on his lap
for his sweet little miss.
A buddy for life...

That's my dad.

A hand on my shoulder.
Some help with a class.
A heart-to-heart talk.
And money for gas.
In difficult times,
a "This, too, will pass."
An anchor of strength...

That's my dad.

A door open wide
A welcoming smile.
A cheerful embrace
and a "Please stay awhile."
A love that has followed me
mile after mile.
The feeling of home...

That's my dad.

So many rich memories
and words of advice.
Unwavering love
and immense sacrifice.
That great guy who makes it
so easy and nice
to point to with pride...

"That's my dad."

Happy Birthday to the guy I've always been glad to call my dad!!!


Dad I love you so much, Happy Birthday!!

Love Jill - Your Favorite Daughter!!

No comments: